Friday, March 16, 2012

Rainbow people

It's been a while since I last wrote here. In the meanwhile, lots of things happened.
Okay. Not really.
We had the coolest dinner ever with the czech girls cooking for us food I can't even remember the name of. Yummy stuff, though.
We had fun, sang, danced, laughed, spilled beers, chatted in 7 different languages (yes, I counted them), met new people, played czech quiz, sucked at czech quiz, ate, drank, infected each other with some virus, got sick. They're ill, he's ill, I'm ill. Shoot.
Driven by some kind of feverish delirium I ate a 4 serving danish chocolate cake in 24 hours and agreed to voluntarily translate a text from English into Italian, which I'm supposed to hand in today.
I'm the worst with deadlines (and everything concerning being on time) and the fever does not help.

Yet, I've found out how awesome people can be when you're unwell, even though you've been knowing eachother for less than a month and you don't have much in common, except for your exchange student status.
Based on the people I met here, if I was asked to give each nationality a feature, I would say candour for the Poles, friendliness for the Czechs, reserve for the Slovaks, helpfulness for the Danes, wittiness for the Americans, indipendence for the Turks, entertaining for the Gibalterians (or whatever they're called...I'm sorry for this, Jeremy - even though I know you will never read this).

I like this eclectic bunch of guys. No, I'm not drunk. It's just the fever getting high again, probably.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment